Enhancing audit committee leadership and influence
Audit committees play an extraordinarily important role in corporate governance. They are a critical player in establishing confidence and trust in capital markets by ensuring high-quality, reliable financial reporting. In addition, many audit committees are now charged with overseeing additional risks, including vitally important areas such as cybersecurity.
Chairing the audit committee of a large public company is difficult. There are no one-size-fits-all solutions. Success requires judgment, developed from personal experience and insight from others who have faced similar situations.
Since 2012, the Southwest Audit Committee Network (SWACN) has helped its members—the chairs of the audit committees at large public companies—succeed. Four times each year, Southwest members gather for a confidential group discussion. The conversations sometimes feature world-class guests, but the members’ voices dominate, and the agendas are driven by the audit chairs.
Tapestry Networks orchestrates the network, building on 15 years of convening board leaders in meaningful conversations. Tapestry helps members prepare for meetings with insightful, original reading material that draws upon tailored research and pre-meeting interviews with members and other leading thinkers. The meetings are synthesized into post-meeting publications that can be shared with colleagues. Everything is done under a non-attribution agreement that ensures candor and protects personal and company confidentiality.
Our members include:
- Curt Anastasio, Par Pacific Holdings
- Mark Baldwin, KBR, Inc.
- John Carrig, Forum Energy
- Vanessa Chang, Transocean
- Nick Chirekos, Peabody
- Marcela Donadio, Marathon Oil
- Barbara Duganier, MRC Global
- Rodney Eads, NOW Inc.
- Paulett Eberhart, LPL Financial Holdings
- Bella Goren, Gap Inc.
- Sue Gove, IAA, Inc.
- Bruce Hanks, Lumen Technologies
- Dave Harrison, NOV
- Mercedes Johnson, Synopsys
- Steve Johnson, Globe Life
- Bob Jordan, The Container Store Group
- Don Kendall, Talos Energy
- Jennifer Kirk, Republic Services
- Cathy Lego, Guidewire Software
- Teresa Madden, Enbridge
- Guillermo Marmol, Foot Locker
- Ellen Masterson, Insperity
- Suzanne Mestayer, Sanderson Farms
- Royce Mitchell, Pioneer Natural Resources
- Barry Pearl, Magellan Midstream Partners
- Mary Ricciardello, Devon Energy
- Don Robillard, Cheniere Energy and Helmerich & Payne
- Dunia Shive, Kimberly-Clark and Trinity Industries
- Janice Stipp, ArcBest Corporation
- Valerie Williams, DTE Energy
- Billie Williamson, Cushman & Wakefield