Enhancing audit committee leadership and influence
Audit committees play an extraordinarily important role in corporate governance. They are a critical player in establishing confidence and trust in capital markets by ensuring high-quality, reliable financial reporting. In addition, many audit committees are now charged with overseeing additional risks, including vitally important areas such as cybersecurity.
Chairing the audit committee of a large public company is difficult. There are no one-size-fits-all solutions. Success requires judgment, developed from personal experience and insight from others who have faced similar situations.
Since 2007, the Southeast Audit Committee Network (SEACN) has helped its members—the chairs of the audit committees at large public companies—succeed. Three times each year, Southeast members gather for a confidential group discussion. The conversations sometimes feature world-class guests, but the members’ voices dominate, and the agendas are driven by the audit chairs.
Tapestry Networks orchestrates the network, building on 15 years of convening board leaders in meaningful conversations. Tapestry helps members prepare for meetings with insightful, original reading material that draws upon tailored research and pre-meeting interviews with members and other leading thinkers. The meetings are synthesized into post-meeting publications that can be shared with colleagues. Everything is done under a non-attribution agreement that ensures candor and protects personal and company confidentiality.
Our members include:
- Eddie Adair, Rayonier Advanced Materials
- Maureen Breakiron-Evans, Cognizant
- Carolyn Byrd, Regions Financial
- Dallas Clement, SunTrust Banks
- Ed Coleman, Ameren
- John Davidson, TE Connectivity
- Cynthia Day, Prog Holdings
- Denise Dickins, Watsco
- Ward Dickson, Ameren
- Glenn Eisenberg, Perpecta
- Juan Figuereo, Decker Outdoor Brands
- Kent Griffin, Healthpeak Properties
- André Hawaux, Pulte Group
- Tom Hough, Equifax
- Jim Hunt, Brown & Brown
- Tim Keaney, Unum
- Scott Kuechle, Kaman Corporation
- Karole Lloyd, Aflac
- Richard Macchia, FLEETCOR Technologies
- Amy Miles, Norfolk Southern
- David Moffett, CSX
- Maureen Morrison, Asbury Automotive Group, ePlus, and Safeguard Scientifics Inc.
- Rick Neu, Huntington Bancshares
- Jason Papastravou, XPO Logistics
- Steve Raymund, Jabil and WESCO
- Bill Smith, Southern Company
- David Walker, Chico’s FAS and CommVault Systems
- Lynn Wentworth, Cincinnati Bell and Graphic Packaging
- Rick Williams, Crawford and Company
- Mary Winston, Acuity Brands