The principal plays a key role in leading Tapestry's networks. Specifically, this includes developing domain expertise, surfacing and exploring key issues of relevance to the network, planning and executing in-depth discussions with clients and network members, setting and syndicating agendas, planning and co-chairing meetings of network members, and synthesizing meeting discussions in written documents. In addition, principals lead internal initiatives and contribute significantly to the firm's strategic goals.
The role includes (but is not limited to) the following accountabilities:
- Network design and stewardship: Designing the overall network strategy and purpose, structure, value, membership, and content, as well as co-chairing meetings to deliver the unique Tapestry experience.
- Client leadership: Developing strong relationships with all levels of the client organization, ensuring maximum impact and benefit to the client. This includes providing counsel to key client executives, developing proposals, budgets, project specifications, and resource requirements, and partnering on content work streams.
- Content development: Developing rigorous and high-quality documents, providing research- and interview-based syntheses of business, market, and policy challenges, as well as editing content developed by teammates.
- Team leadership and management: Managing all aspects of project work streams, including project plans, content development, and client communications. Participating in hiring and on-boarding of new hires or internal transfers.
- Firm leadership and development: Leading internal initiatives contributing to Tapestry's strategic goals. Developing new business with both new client opportunities and with existing clients. Participating in firm-building activities, including recruiting, mentoring junior colleagues, leading firm improvement projects, etc.
The ideal candidate should possess strong leadership skills, project management experience, and a track record of providing guidance and support to senior-level clients. Key competencies include:
- Proven ability to interface with, and influence, senior executives
- Strong, self-confident leader with business acumen and good listening skills
- Intellectually curious, with the ability to learn new subjects quickly
- Strong writing skills, ability to synthesize and edit
- Proven records in project leadership and initiative-taking (can lead without close supervision)
- Record of accomplishment and impact
Desired background and qualification include:
- MBA or other advanced degree strongly preferred
- At least 5 years experience – with progressive responsibility – at a top-tier professional services firm or equivalent experience in a performance-oriented organization
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
Submit your cover letter and résumé
In your cover letter, tell us what interests and motivates you, what attracts you to Tapestry's work, and why you believe you would be a great fit with our team.