Associates play a vital role in the success of a Tapestry network. Working in a highly collaborative environment, Associates conduct writing and research projects and other assignments under the guidance of Partners and/or Principals. Associates are actively involved in the ongoing dialogues with members and clients. They take part in client discussions and interviews with members to surface issues worthy of the network members' consideration, attend network meetings, and play a key role in creating content.
While the overall job descriptions are similar, expectations are significantly higher for Senior Associates commensurate with their levels of experience.
Research and Thought Leadership
- Conduct primary and secondary research on individuals, companies and markets, business, industry and/or policy issues, government regulations, etc.
- Summarize and communicate key points, takeaways, and implications from research, interviews, and meetings, based on detailed and well-organized written notes
- Write and edit network-related content, client documents, and other published thought-leadership material on the most important industry issues
Client and Member Relationship Support
- Participate in network status and strategy meetings, internally and with clients
- Participate in meetings and discussions with board and executive leaders, senior regulators, and other stakeholders and subject-matter experts
- Attend network meetings and events
- Work with Partners, Principals, and colleagues in a manner that helps to build Tapestry's relationships and maintains the firm's premier standing in the eyes of its clients and network members
- Anticipate and plan for requirements of tasks, execute tasks in a timely manner, and know when to ask for help
- Assist in management of content production schedules, network activity timelines, and larger projects and assignments as needed
- Assist in coaching of other staff
The ideal Associate will have excellent analysis and communication skills, the ability to work and think through problems in a self-directed manner, and a track record of providing guidance and support to senior-level clients and to internal team members.
- Superior oral and written communication skills (applicants must provide a writing sample)
- Superior analytical thinking and organizational skills
- Skilled in presenting research findings and insights clearly and concisely, in multiple formats (e.g., MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to interface with board-level and C-level executives
- Demonstrated track record of multitasking and prioritizing workload effectively across multiple projects/workstreams and under deadline
Background and Qualifications
- Advanced degree (MBA, MPP, JD, etc.) or equivalent experience
- 2 to 5 years' experience – with progressive responsibility – at a top-tier professional services firm or equivalent experience in a performance-oriented organization
- Bachelor's degree
- 2 to 3 years' experience, preferably in a professional services firm
SENIOR ASSOCIATE & ASSOCIATE
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills coupled with curiosity and ability to learn quickly
- Interest in and passion for the issues our clients and network members face
- High standards for work products, with great attention to detail and timely follow-through
- Motivated by teamwork; enjoy working in highly collaborative environments
- Open to feedback and learning; open to teaching
- Ethical, confident, creative, and positive attitude
Submit your cover letter and résumé
In your cover letter, tell us what interests and motivates you, what attracts you to Tapestry's work, and why you believe you would be a great fit with our team.